Yes, I am…me as today is National Selfie Day. Who knew that 3 years ago this “Special” day was created.
Thanks to social media and the smartphone, June 21st recognizes a form of self-portrait that couldn’t exist without them. It’s National Selfie Day!
On National Selfie Day, we are encouraged to take creative (appropriate) selfies and share them on social media.
While the act of taking a selfie may predate social media, smartphones and the word which is now in the Oxford dictionary, the popularity of taking these self-portraits and the ability to do so has never been easier. Selfie sticks and multi-functional camera phones make it all too easy to take these kinds of photographs as well as group selfies (aka groupies)
To observe this day – Use #NationalSelfieDay to share on social media and visit www.nationalselfieday.net.
I used my tablet recently to take a selfie on me the trail to Cathedral Rock in Sedona AZ. That is the photo I shared on this blog.
Now go out there and take a selfie. Have fun.
- Confidence level: selfie with no filter.
- Have you ever considered finding another hobby besides taking pictures of yourself?
- Too bad you can’t take selfies of your character.
- Does this selfie make me look fat?
- Real men don’t take selfies.
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
- Anybody have plans to stare at their phone somewhere exciting this weekend?
- Your hair is 90% of your selfie.
- That awkward moment when someone is watching you take a picture of yourself.
- May you someday find someone to love you as much as your selfies indicate you love yourself.